March 1, 2019 Entry deadline for Richeson75 Still Life & Floral online competitionl Please see their website for more information.
March 12, 2019 Art club March meeting. Please see home page for more information.
March 27 & 28, 2019 Celene Terry watercolor workshop. Please see home page for more information.
April 12, 2019 Entry postmark deadline for Henderson County Art Club Spring Fine Art Show & Sale. Please see our Art Show Info page for more details.
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. in the downstairs room of the Women's Building at the East Texas Arboretum. Each meeting commences with a business meeting, followed by a demonstration. Annual dues are $25, due each May. Benefits of membership include:
- Discounted, members-only entry fee to the annual Spring Fine Art Show & Sale
- Opportunity to participate in the members-only art show each Autumn
- Early notice of upcoming painting & drawing workshops
- Opportunity to serve as a club officer
The purpose of the Henderson County Art Club is to stimulate and improve members’ creative endeavors and art skills; to provide opportunity for communications and exchange of ideas between members and interested community participants; and to expand community awareness in the education of the arts.
Art Show Details
Postmark deadline for entries is Friday, April 12, 2019. Entry forms can be downloaded here. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the entry form. This can be downloaded for free. Entry forms may be printed/copied as many times as necessary.
- Late registration/check-in of artwork: Thursday, April 18th from 12 noon-6:00 p.m.
- Judging: April 19th
- Opening reception: Friday, April 19, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Show open to the public: Saturday, April 20, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Pickup of entries after show: Saturday, April 20, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
ATTENTION: All ADULT entries must be postmarked by April 12! Any not postmarked by this date will be considered late entries, and be assessed the late entry fee of $12/piece. This goes for members as well as non-members!
The show will be in the upstairs room in the Women's Building at the East Texas Arboretum, 1601 Patterson Rd., Athens, TX 75751.
If you have any questions, please feel free to fill out our contact form!